Thursday, February 14, 2008

The periodic political post, part 1

As you may or may not know, as ashamed to admit it as I am, I am a player of the collectible card game Magic: the Gathering. A new set just came out, and there is a cycle of "Bannerets" in the set (a cycle means a type of card that each color gets one of). Bannerets are, flavorwise, standard-bearers for their creature types. Gameplay-wise, they reduce the mana cost of creature spells with which they share a creature type. For instance, "Bosk Banneret" is a Treefolk Shaman, and causes Treefolk spells and Shaman spells to cost 1 colorless mana less. (I promise this ties into the title of this post).

So, I was listening to the radio the other day and I heard some talking head utter the phrase "conservative standard-bearer" in the context of what was needed in a Republican nominee for president, and I got to thinking (because I do that) about what a "Conservative Banneret" would look like, and I came up with this:

Conservative Banneret
1B

[Picture of Mike Huckabee goes in the art box]

Creature - Douchebag Republican

Douchebag spells and Republican spells cost 1 less to play.

1/1

And of course, you have to have this, too:

Luke Esser, State Republican Chairman
1UB

[Picture of Luke Esser goes in the art box]

Legendary Creature - Douchebag Republican

Whenever a caucus spell is played, you may counter 
that spell. If you do, you may search your library 
for a Republican creature or a Douchebag creature 
and put it into play tapped, and at end of turn, 
sacrifice, Luke Esser, State Republican Chairman.

1/2

It made me giggle. That is all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home