Thursday, September 28, 2006

Macrophotography


Roses are cool
Originally uploaded by lafehubert.
I'm interested in all types of photography, and at some point, I bought some close-up lenses and extension tubes in order to go take pictures at the Arboretum in Seattle. That trip never materialized, and I put the stuff on a shelf.

Now, it's 6 years later and I've dusted the stuff off in order to play with it. There were these roses, you see. And this Canon EOS 5d. So, I messed around for about an hour this evening, and this is one of the photos I managed to make (more on my flickr pages; just click the photo, it'll take you there).

I did all of these hand-held, with the 50mm f/1.4 USM lens, one 550EX flash unit, and the ST-E2 wireless flash controller. To really do this right, I would need to get a focusing rail for my tripod, but these didn't turn out too badly.

This was kind of fun, and I'm starting to understand how all this works (and how hard macrophotography really is). Anyway, I just thought I'd share.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home