Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Oh yah, that's why I wanted to be a Mason

So, I joined another lodge recently, Alki Lodge in West Seattle. It became obvious to me that I'm going to need a new masonic "home" sooner rather than later because the lodge which raised me is well on the way to imploding. So, I started looking around for another lodge in the district, and I settled on Alki, which became the obvious correct choice after it occurred to me that I could think of more brothers of Alki that I knew and respected and admired than actually attend my current lodge.

Since I was balloted into Alki, I have attended every stated meeting, and last night, I had the distinct pleasure of attending a Master Mason degree put on by a lodge of which I was a member. Additionally, the Senior Warden asked me to give the third degree lecture which at the time pleased me to no end (later on, I was grumbly because I hadn't given the lecture in two years and it did not immediately come back to me).

We put on an excellent degree last night, and despite all of my trepidation, I delivered the lecture pretty well, to my delight and happily enough, the delight of the brethren present.

It's nice to be reminded of one of the reasons why I wanted and still want to be a Mason. There's not much better than seeing a brand new zealous Master Mason still glowing after being raised.

1 Comments:

At December 11, 2007 at 3:57 AM, Blogger Mykel said...

Greg, sounds like a wonderful degree night I wish I could have been there!! Its nice to see you happy and doing work in Masonry maybe our Lodge as well as your former will have the pleasure of your Brotherhood and good works in the future, I will keep you in mind for lectures at our lodge if you would like? God Bless and may the God of love and peace delight to dwell with you.

Brother Michael Sanford
South Gate #100
Burien, WA

 

Post a Comment

<< Home